Matching and Pairing - The best possible match?
At its core, mentoring is really about establishing mutually beneficial partnerships between individuals to achieve specific goals. That said - successfully matching mentors
and mentees is one of the most critical aspects of your mentoring program.
Our recent Mentoring Survey
, completed by leading global corporations and organizations, reveals that matching and pairing is one of the top 3 biggest challenges facing those who implement mentoring programs. At Insala, our goal is to help you bridge that gap within your own program. Our solutions help you generate the best possible matches to provide the basis for the best possible mentoring program within your organization.
So what is the key ingredient
of a “best possible match” – not just a match that’s "good enough"? That key ingredient is a clear and specific business objective for the mentoring program – which will indicate why you’re creating the mentoring program and what you expect to achieve with it. This will determine both your ideal pool of mentors and mentees as well as your specific matching criteria.
We believe that generating successful and sustainable mentor-mentee pairs is the most critical factor of program success. So we help you achieve not just “good matches”, but the best possible matches within your mentoring programs using comprehensive mentor and mentee data gathering, matching criteria based on business objectives, best-fit matching and pairing techniques, and efficiency-maximizing technology tools.
The following 6-step process highlights the key components of our approach:
- Step 1: Identify specific business objectives
- Step 2: Select mentors and mentee pools based on objectives
- Step 3: Determine matching criteria based on business objectives
- Step 4: Create application and qualification questions for mentors and mentees
- Step 5: Decide the most effective matching method i.e. self-matching, facilitated matching, etc.)
- Step 6: Determine most efficient method to facilitate matching and pairing, whether it's online or offline tool
Based on our 20 years of experience of helping organizations implement successful mentoring programs we have produced a short whitepaper that includes our 5 best-practices for matching and pairing